Who we are
Acts Generation is a church that is passionate in:
- Pursuing the Presence of God
- Preaching the Cross of Christ
- Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit
- Loving one another
- And making disciples of all nations
That lives experience transformation!
Our vision pulsates with a passion according to the Great Commandment
to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and to love our neighbour and one another as ourselves.
It is consumed with a message of the cross of Christ unto a lost world as the only hope of salvation. It envisions a proclamation and demonstration of this message in the tangible power of the Holy Spirit that lives will experience the transformational power of the living God in their lives.
Our Statement of Faith
1. Scripture: We believe the Scripture, both the Old and the New Testament, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life (2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12).
2. God: We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in the three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
3. Jesus Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ is the true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scripture. On the third day, He rose bodily from the dead. He ascended on high and is now our High Priest and Advocate (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25).
4. Holy Spirit: We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinners, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believers for godly living with fruit of the Spirit and dynamic service with gifts of the Spirit (John 16:7-10; John 16:13-15; 2 Corinthians 1:22; Romans 8:9; Gal 5:22; 1 Cor 12).
5. Man: We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through the regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained (Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 2:7; Romans 3:23; Romans 8:8; Titus 3:5).
6. Salvation: We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provides the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God (John 1:12; John 3:5-7, 16-17; Romans 3:24, 25; Romans 5:8-10; Ephesians 1:7; Ephesians 2:13; Colossians 1:7, 20; Hebrews 9:22; 1 John 1:7).
7. Ordinances: We believe that Water Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during this present age. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:41; Matthew 26:26-29; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
8. Church: We believe that the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in its totality is the Body of which Christ is the Head, and of which all true believers are a part of (Ephesians 4:4-16). We believe that in a particular locality, the Church is an organized body of believers who have voluntarily bound themselves together in fellowship for the worship of God, for mutual encouragement and service, spiritual nourishment and growth, and for the proclamation of the Gospel of Christ to the world (Hebrews 10:24, 25). We believe that partnership in such a local Church is a privilege and responsibility properly extended only to those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and Lord, and who are willing to submit to the authority of the Church (Hebrews 13:17).
9. Christ’s Return: We believe in the personal and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in order to rule in the eternal Kingdom of God. And this blessed hope has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believers (1 Thessalonians 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 10:37, 38; James 5:7, 8; Revelation 22:12).
10. Resurrection: We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord in His eternal and glorious Kingdom; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment (1 Thessalonians 4:14-17; Philippians 3:20-21; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Revelation 19:11-16; Revelation 21:1-3).
Acts Generation Presbyterian Church was birthed out of the vision to build a dynamic church that moves strongly in the Word of God and in the power of the Holy Spirit. In Oct 2011, a group of nineteen people in whom God planted such a seed of this vision joined themselves with the family of Pastor Caleb Soon in this church planting mission. With blessing from their former church, they were graciously released to plant a new church under the umbrella and auspices of the English Speaking Presbytery of Gereja Presbyterian Malaysia.
Located in Kota Kemuning, Acts Generation Presbyterian Church seeks to fulfil God’s mandate to make a difference and make disciples of all nations; beginning in its present vicinity, and beyond, into the ends of the earth.